Monday, November 12, 2007

I Heart Costco

Today, mom and I ventured out to Costco to fill up my 1 square foot X 2 feet deep "old lady cart" (that link connects you to a pic I found when I typed "old lady cart" in google. I guess that's really the official name).

It's moments like these that I wish I lived in Suburbia and had a car that I could load and unload stuff.

Taking a trip out to Costco, goes something like this:

Start:
Take the A train downtown from Dyckman-200th St to 57th St. (a total of 143 Streets)
Walk up the stairs out of the subway station and begin walking East on 57th, to 7th Ave
At 7th Ave, walk downstairs into the NQRW station and catch the N or W train
Get out of N/W train at Broadway (now in Queens) and walk down a long stairwell (about 3 flights) to street
Begin walking West on Broadway (or take the Q104 bus) to Vernon Boulevard, 5 blocks away

After 150+ streets and 8 avenues, and a 50 minute train ride, you have arrived at Costco. Hooray! You may now begin your Costco experience. Go eat a hot dog. Or maybe a frozen yogurt, because you'll need the extra energy for the trip back, when you're carrying 60lbs worth of groceries up and down stairs, in and out of crowed subways and on and off buses.

But, alas. I love Costco and it's large quantities.

6 comments:

GeoWulf said...

With all that work, it sure makes you appreciate what you came home with!

(Unless all you came home with was a year supply of tube socks, a 4 pounder bag of M&M's and a five pack of kielbasa. Then I would say you need to prioritize your purchases a bit more.)

Leslie said...

I am so not jealous!
Les.

Stacy said...

I'm with Leslie...I so don't envy you! But at least you don't have to walk all the way to Costco :) You can always take the subway!

naomi megan. said...

Anna, found the blog. Love it.
Naomi

Anonymous said...

Um... How on EARTH is that possible??? I have a hard enough time carrying everything from the car to the door! (I hate that they don't have bags...though it makes sense, but still!!!)
~Andra

Anonymous said...

P.S. That 'old lady cart' picture CRACKED me up!!! ...Only you dear Anna.

~Andra