Thursday, October 02, 2008

Why I love it so much

I can't figure out how to post videos.  So I'll just have you click on this, to see why dancing is just so awesome!  This is a company I just recently heard of,  called DV8 Physical Theatre, their based in the UK and their work is so interesting to watch.  I especially want to learn this. And this guy, David Toole is amazing!  

Oh wait.  If that wasn't enough this duet is neat to watch.  

You might think I'm crazy to get to obsessed with it.  But it is just so darn cool!


Sorry I'm so lame when it comes to figuring out theses technical things....

And please feel free to give me your honest opinion about each one (if you get that far) you don't have to like ANY of them, but tell me what you think. 

4 comments:

GeoWulf said...

I, of course, am looking more at the lighting and how the video was 'shot' but the dance is certainly amazing. The certainly tell a story. I think that's what great dance does.. it draws you into the emotion of the story. It may be a different story for each person... but it draws you in!

Valerie said...

Wow. I find them all interesting to watch just because they're each so unique.

Yes, that David Toole is utterly amazing.

The second video might be my favorite.

And finally, it's probably my ignorant and unrefined self talking when I say that I've seen the guy in the first video at pretty much every church dance I've ever attended. But it was still really cool.

MomWoolf said...

Anna, they are sooo cool! I couldn't really look at them until I got home. I couldn't spend that much time on Ken's computer.
So how can you get into something like that? Do you have to start your own?
I started watching them and then looked at a bunch of their stuff on Youtube.

Cecily said...

Anna, mom said i needed to watch it and she was right. It is so awesome to see dance like that. It resonates within me in an inexplicable way. There is something about good dancing that just feeds my soul. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be a part of something like that? It makes me grateful to know that things like that even exists. I am definitely with you in your fascination with it.