Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow is falling

all around, on the rooftops on the ground...
(Since being called to Primary Chorister, I find myself humming primary tunes every so often.
I love it.)

It's snowing today! They've closed schools and few business and grocery stores.
We're suppose to get 10-15 inches of snow. But, in comparison to the most recent snow storm that hit D.C. and Pennsylvania, I feel like a mere 15 inches isn't reason enough to close down the city. And this coming from a Native Arizonan! Although, it is nice to be "stuck" inside today. Snow days are kind of a treat, that is of course, if you don't have to go somewhere.

It gives me the chance to write on my blog!

What would you do if you had a snow day? No work, no school, no obligations, no paperwork, no drudgery.

(sung to "oh what would you do in the summertime")

Oh what would you do on a snowy day
When the world is cold and white?

Do you sleep until ten?
Brunch with your friend, Ben?
Or wear your pj's all day long?

Is that what you do?
So do I!

Feel free to come up with your own verse!



P.S. I just realized, they never have Sunshine Days or Heat Days in Arizona, where they close businesses and schools when it get's to 115 degrees out. Do they have Rain Days in Seattle? And for that matter, why not have Super-Duper-Nice Days, where it's so gorgeous out that work would be totally unproductive, that you might as well cancel it!
I'm starting to sound like a 10 year old kid, aren't i?




4 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm all for Heat Days and especially Super-Duper Nice Days. They both sound awesome.

Alicia said...

A snow day does sound fun sometimes (although I'm sure all that snow gets old after a while). Good job for having such a positive attitude! :)

Andrea, the little collector said...

Maybe once R. is a principal he can start pushing the school district to schedule in a few Super-Duper Nice Days. Then we just need to get the mayor on board!

Kaisa said...

I wish Home-School had "Working on the House" days. No really! Every day is just the same, working on school. I miss you sooo much! Keep having fun in Primary