Sunday, October 16, 2011

A New Calling



That's right!  I am in Scouts.  Back to Primary! Woot!

My calling is specifically over recruiting.  I get to plan semi-annual events to get kids and parents excited about scouts and spread the word about how awesome it is to be a cub scout.

Not having gone through scouts myself, I had to read up on it a bit, as well as go through an online training session.  Scouting IS awesome!  What better place for boys to be than in scouts.  It's aim is to develop young people physically, spiritually and mentally so that youth may take a constructive place in society.  

How 'bout that? 

I'm excited for the task ahead and hope we can get, oh I don't know, 10 new cub scouts by January.

One last quote from Robert Baden-Powell, founder of scouting:
Leave the world a little better than you found it.




3 comments:

Stacy said...

How exciting! I know you will do great at it! You are so full of enthusiasm. We don't really do much recruiting here in AZ for scouts but (since I'm also in scouts right now) I get to go to the monthly meetings and they talk about recruiting.) They say to hit up the elementary schools to find boys. Good LUCK!

Leslie said...

Good for you! You have a great attitude. :) Christian's our Cubmaster. He's hilarious.

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

How fun! You'll be great in it! Everyone will be sprinting to join Scouts with Anna in it! :D