Sunday, January 08, 2006

Stop. Think about it. Sha-Bam!

The title comes from one of me dearest friends at school. Usually he do some kind of choreography that comes along with it---ya know, a little catwalk, some vogueing, then a fling of the wrist. I love my very cute friends.
Speaking of school, it has been an interesting and busy year. I am a Resident Assistant in the Residence all where I live. The job is about 20-30 hours a week with summer and winter training. I'm required to check cleaning, act as a reinforcer of ResHall rules, to be "on duty" 1 or 2 times a week (which is generally is from 9pm-1am) and then plan Floor Programs 3 times a semester. Then I get to go school full-time!! This can be a bit difficult at times when school gets busy and I get tired of being a RA, but this allows me to stay in the larger single rooms without paying for it. It works out to be a pretty good deal, plus I get to build close friendships with my fellow RA's. We have fun.

I also have the privilege to work as a Community Service Fellow. Which means I go out into the community (mostly hospitals and hospices) performing with other students from Juilliard. We get together during the week to plan and perform every other weekend. It is the greatest job I could have. It helps to remind of why I love dancing so much, because believe it or not, I get tired of dance sometimes.

I fell in love with a wonderful man. His name is Nathan Botts and he plays the trumpet. He is an absolutely dedicated and accomplished, talented trumpet player. But more importantly he is an even more dedicated member of the church and is a worthy Priesthood holder. Just recently I went to visit his family in San Francisco without him. I think I scored some points there...

Well I think your tired of reading this blog. Maybe I'll try posting pictures. You like picture right? Me too. I'm just a very visual girl who-oooh look a blinking light!

No comments: