Saturday, October 20, 2007

"[Bad Costumes] will reconcile people to any atrocity”

I was riding the subway today, during the usual Saturday madness. The madness usually means fewer and slower trains on the weekend, which then overpopulates the trains with slower and dumber people.

So there I was smashed between a fat person and the fat person's shopping bags, unable to move and unable to grab the iPod in my backpack.
So, instead I entertained myself with the typical subway advertisements for "Laser Wart Removal", "Learn to Speak English booklets" and the "MTA's Safety Tips".

My eye's wandered around for something more interesting and I found an ad for a Halloween Costume Shop. It displayed all the fun costume's their store offers! Wait, no. Fun isn't the right word. Hmmm....I know! Inappropriate! They were awful! Not a single one came below the knee or above the cleavage zone. I was appalled. So in response to the terrible costume suggestions from the subway, I offer you one simple suggestion.
REX KWON DO! It covers all and it's simple to assemble! Bandana, shirt, American Flag pants....

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. "

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey! You're blogging! Yippee. :) Great costume idea...are you going to wear it? ;)
Les.
P.S. Make the cookies!