Friday, October 19, 2007

Once upon a midnight dreary....


I love holidays. I grew up celebrating practically every holiday within the year.
And Halloween is no exception.
The candy corn, the costumes
the begging for candy, and the disgusting looking cookies you can bake and give to friends-makes it all so much fun!

My sister-in-law was the first to try out this recipe. It was for my niece's birthday party-don't worry her birthday is close to Halloween.

I'm thinking I might try it out and share the cookies with my neighbors! What do you think? Too much.....?


Creepy Witches' Fingers

Yield: 5 dozen

1 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Icing sugar (powdered sugar)
1 Egg
1 tsp Almond extract
1 tsp Vanilla
2 2/3 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking powder*
1 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Almonds, whole blanched
Red decorator gel


Happy Halloween!

No comments: