Sunday, October 28, 2007

'Ward' off the Trick or Treaters!



Yesterday was our Ward Halloween Party. It was a fun, loud, cute, sugary good time!
Since, we don't live in the 'Burbs, trick or treating is a little more difficult. Kid's can't really go from apartment to apartment in their building and beg for candy. That's just dangerous.

Instead, families either have parties or get together with their friends with children and trick or treat at each other's home. I've heard, in some neighborhoods (probably the really nice one's), kid's will go to the nearby department stores/grocery stores to trick-o-treat. Although, that sounds kind of lame to me.

But the Mormon kids have a rockin good time, trick or treating at the church. Families volunteer to take a class room, dress it up with Halloween decor, and pass out candy to all the adorable, greedy trick or treaters. We also had a dinner of goblin fingers (carrots), blood and guts (spaghetti and red sauce), and witches eyeballs (purple grapes). There were also games to play and movies to watch! So much to do!

Now, onto the pictures!

I must tell you, I'm a terrible picture taker. TERRIBLE! So my pictures are poorly lit, blurry and awkwardly posed. I'm telling you so you won't get frustrated and that you know how hard I work to make a terrible picture!

As you already know, I dressed up as silent film star, Mildred Davis. So I studied, the art of Finger Waving, and this is what I came up with...

Here is a picture of the weak fingerwaves I came up with. It's not easy!


Below is a pic of the lace I used for the collar on my dress. This pic is mostly for my mom.
















And of course a picture of the couple:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I see. You and I were thinking two entirely different things. You were thinking lace trim and I was thinking lace fabric. I was thinking a round lace collar and you were thinking a pointed lace collar. No wonder we didn't connect!
By the way, you look absolutely adorable and I could see your finger waves. What a cute couple!

Leslie said...

Oh yay! Halloween costume pictures. LOVE them!
Les.