Sunday, November 04, 2007

What is it about this day?

Sorry this blog is delayed. But, thanks to my clever sister, Leslie, it is here.
*****************************************************************
November 4th 2007

Today turned out to be an eventful day. Well, eventful in that there are quite a few events to be celebrated on this day, November 4th.

For instance, today is the NYC Marathon, a big event in which people from all over the world, who have trained for months and months, come to NYC and run in a 26.2mile race around all 5 boroughs. You should check out the history of Marathon racing. My best friend, Shelley participated in this year's marathon. She also fundraised $2,000 towards a cancer research foundation and ran for the team. I am so proud of her!

Today is my dear friend's, Julia, birthday! Julia married another friend of mine, Daniel, then moved to Atlanta for a job. I really miss them. They used to be so close to where we live. Just 5 blocks from our apartment! Julia is now 24 years old.





Another wonderful person in my life is also celebrating on this day. Andra Michelle Mahoney married Robert (insert middle name---I know he has one!) Mahoney, on November 4th 2005.
They are celebrating their second year together. They are living, working, and going to school in Virginia. They want to get pregnant this coming January. Andra and Robert can't wait to be parents! They'll be the best!!


Today I was called to be a Primary teacher to the 8 year olds.
Which should be something I can actually do, because the kids speak both english AND spanish.
Let's hope they'll humor me as I try to practice my spanish!

November 4th: A good day!

1 comment:

GeoWulf said...

Wow.. that's alot of Boroughs. I'm familiar with Edgar Rice but no any of the others. Can you enlighten us?

All your friends have a terrible case of redeye. OR maybe they are just evil and you haven't seen that side of them yet. :D Just kidding!

Stay away from that Andra, she's trouble. ;) naw.

Is that way they moved to Virginia. I hear that Virginia is for LOVERS so it shouldn't be that difficult to make little Mahoneys.

Haha.. that sounds fun.. "Little Mahoneys" ... almost sounds like the opposite of "Big Kahunas".

Love ya sis. Say hey to mom for me and send her my love!