Sunday, November 04, 2007

Saturday at the Market

Despite living in the city, New Yorkers are big advocates of going green. So, they've set up markets where local farmers can sell produce, fresh meat, and organic products to the desperate city folk! There are farmer's markets all over the 5 boroughs, but the largest one in Manhattan is in Union Square. My task was to find butternut squash and apples. I found everything I needed, including some delicious zuchinni bread.
(I can't resist baked goodies)

You can also participate by bringing your compost heap to the market. I guess you can make compost in NYC! Maybe people with small yards or rooftop gardens.

This is me trying to take some pretty pictures.
It was a perfect cloudy day!
Pink Lady, McInstosh, Macoun, Matsu, Golden Delicious, Cortland.....


2 comments:

Alissa said...

that stall in the third picture... we live a couple of miles away from their farm. groovy!

Leslie said...

I love those pictures...good job. And the sunset is awesome!
Les.