Sunday, December 02, 2007

Getting to know my Christmas Style

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping presents! I feel so cheated when I can't rummage through an old pile of torn boxes, only to find that the top of the box is missing. And then find out that I didn't cut the right size of wrapping paper so then I have to cut strips to go into the exposed areas where the larger wrapping piece didn't cover, and to try to perfectly fold the sides of the paper to make it look clean and discover that I left the tape in the other room...I just don't like the simplicity of gift bags.

2. Real tree or artificial? Well if I could afford a real tree that would be my first pick, but our adorable 2 foot artificial tree is doing a great job holding up our ornaments and lights. And the Christmas tree scented candle I bought does the job.


3. When do you put up the tree? This year is was 2 days after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually around New Year's

5. Do you like eggnog? I'll taste a little each Christmas, but I'm a big Hot Chocolate drinker

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I have two: The Barbie Doll house that my brother built and the homemade dress ups my sister made


7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yup: 1 mini size, one orb-looking one, and one Veggietales nativity


8. Hardest person to buy for? My brothers


9. Easiest person to buy for? My nieces


10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Luckily, I missed out on any bad gifts.


11. Mail or email Christmas cards? This year I'm trying to make all my Christmas cards and then send them in the mail.


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love ELF! And a Christmas story is a classic! But Charlie Brown Christmas is good too. Hmm....


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I have

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Holy Smokes! What don't I eat. Popcorn, candy canes, peppermint bark, divinity, cookies...I have no shame.


16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? I Heard the Bells on Chrismtas Day


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Now that I'm married an both our families live on the other side other of the US, we travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course I can! Who doesn't! There's Sleepy, Sleazy, Cupid, DonJaun, Dopey, Blitzen, Flashy, Snazzy, and John Wayne.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I grew up with a beautiful ceramic angel on our tree. Now I have a giant red star on our tiny tree. I like both.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Morning!


22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? In NYC, it's the congestion on the Subway that is a bummer. Not only are there MORE people crammed into a subway car, they all have huge bags of Christmas presents.


23. What I love most about Christmas?
Christmas songs, Service projects, traditions, decorations, Christmas lights at the temple, the birth of my Savior.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! That is a cute entry! :) I like it! Thanks for your comments! You are so fun and I love checking your blog to see what fun and quirky things you and your husband are up to. I'll definitely post something ASAP as soon as this little guy decides to arrive. Until then...keep checking! :) Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Anna, you're great! You made me laugh out loud with your Santa's reindeer names. Dad had to come in from the other room to see what was so funny.