Friday, November 30, 2007

Pain in the Butt! (or tooth, head, foot, back, etc)

Ok. I'm just curious and want to take a poll of what kind of pain is the worse pain.
As of late, I've been dealing with chronic back, hip and shoulder pain and now my teeth are starting to give me hard time, due to a wisdom tooth growing in wonky (it's a real word!) and a possible cavity. Then I found a zit on my forehead that is big and swollen. Ga!

Woe is Me! I do want you to know that I AM grateful for my generally well-functioning body, and am also grateful that I can move, think, and speak with ease. It's just that now that I've been hurting for about week and half, I'm getting a little grouchy. And besides, it's MY blog, I'll cry it I want to!

Anyway, I'm still curious as to what people think is the worst kind of pain. (And maybe some really interesting stories will come out of this too)

1. Toothache (ranging from a cavity to an absess)

2. Migraine Headache

3. A Blind Pimple

4. A Boil on your posterior

5. Menstral Cramps

6. A blister on your foot or hand

7. Pink eye

8. A sliver in your pinky

9. Gas pain/stomach ache

10. Lower back and hip pain

Let me know if I forgot something...
(I intentionally left out "Giving Birth", because I would imagine that that is going to be unanimous among the mothers who read this blog. Although I've heard that giving birth is quite a bit like pulling your bottom lip up and over your head.)

4 comments:

Maranda Whittle said...

Hi Anna, it's maranda (Arrington)!! I would have to say that a migraine headache is the worst. I get them about twice a month and I have to go lay down with the room completely dark. I can feel my heart beat in my head and if I don't get rid of it in time, I usually everytime throw up, and then the throwing up just makes my head hurt worse! There you go!!!

Leslie said...

Hmmm...what about stubbing your toe? I had a seminary teacher who said to always say "I love you Mom!" when you stub your toe because when Jesus was on the cross and in agony, he showed love for his momma. Such pressure!
I'll have to go with any pain in your head.
Les.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm up there with hip pain or toothache. I think they are the worst! And no way do I think giving birth is worse than either of those and I have done it six times. Labor pains are much more tolerable because you know that it is normal, expected pain and that it will end when the baby is born. Also, you have a real wonderful blessing when it is all over. Definitely worth it.
Mom

Anonymous said...

The teacher in me cannot resist this comment. Whoa is what you say to a horse. "Woe is me!" is correct. (Did you do that on purpose?)