Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mmmm.....Breakfast

What is the worst thing you've had for breakfast?  I'll get the ball rolling....
Skittles!  I ate a half a bag of Skittles.  True, we didn't have any breakfast food, but I live right across the street from "Selecto Supermarket"! I  could've ran over to pick up something slightly more healthy.
 Oye vey!  I am going to pay for this later.  

It amazes me sometimes how much I abuse my body, but it is so forgiving. It still let's me breath, walk, dance with ease (although today it might be a brisker "sugar-high" walk!).
This cycle reminds me of forgiveness.  
We have agency to choose. 
We then sometimes choose poorly, which then makes us or those around us miserable.  
We feel remorse.
We ask for forgiveness 
It is freely given.
And even after all that, we STILL have our agency.  I don't know, if I gave somebody a gift and then they misused and came running to me for help to fix it, I'd be pretty upset and apt to never give them that same gift ever again, because they'd screw it up!

Thank goodness I'm not in charge of the universe.  Obviously Heavenly Father wants me to learn something.  I suppose he knows something I do not.   Glad it's in his hands.
So......
Skittles = 1          Anna=0

I've learned my lesson.  Skittles are not "Part of a complete breakfast"!


6 comments:

GeoWulf said...

What?! no justifications?

Where's the story that ends in "...Dad is great, he gives us chocolate cake..."


I love that Cosby story!

Anna said...

I think it would've been better if I had eaten chocolate cake...But no, justsugar, hydrogenated vegatable fat and carnuba wax.

Jen said...

A long time ago my niece spent the night and she wanted ice cream and hot dogs for breakfast. Mom gave it to her because she is the grandma and she could!!

donelle said...

you have a blog? yay! i'm adding you to my list of friends immediately! happy new year!

donelle said...

ps-i would have to say for me the worst pain i've experienced are migraine headaches! no bueno!

naomi megan. said...

anna, this is so great. and hey, i am all about the M&M's for breakfast.... all about it.