Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just so you know...

The Biopsy results are in! It's Benign. Thanks to everyone for all your prayers. They really helped me. Now, I am either going in for a minor surgery where the docs place tube in my jaw to drain the 3 cysts, which then will hopefully encourage my bone to grow back. OR in the event of my jaw breaking, then I'll need reconstructive surgery. Which means opening me up and replacing my jaw with a titanium plate then later recovering bone with bone grafting (the bone would come from my hip and my rib). Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Blah blah blah. Boring stuff...let's see what we did while my mom came out to visit me while I was recovering from the biopsy.

Figure1 My sore face
Figure 2 My mom regularly mashed ALL my food for me. Nothing like smoothies and chicken puree
Figure 3 Watching The Office, Sense & Sensibility, or Simpsons

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Aren't you guys cute? Who took that picture?
I'm sorry you have to eat everything puree'd. I hope the pain is getting better, though.
Love and miss you,
Les.

Cami said...

I am so glad that you are ok! I was starting to get a little worried when you didn't write for so long. Hopefully the bone will grow back on its own!!

Alicia said...

Yay for it being benign (wow, those two words are funny to type together!). Anyway, good luck with the next step(s), and we'll keep praying for you!

P.S. Your mom is the coolest--what a wonderful person! Love ya, Arabrab! ;)

Ashley said...

I'm glad you're ok...let me know if you need anything! Eliot and I are always free to come up there and puree or entertain!

Jen said...

Yeah! Those are good results! Hopefully everything will go according to plan because I think it might feel a bit odd to eat with your rib and hip! Is that because those are the fattest bones you have? LOL

I love you!! I am glad you are OK!!!!