Sunday, February 03, 2008

Well...

Despite my the blah day I had on Friday, the rest of the weekend turned out to be pretty good.
In fact, my 'blah' Friday got better! I ended up going to a wedding reception for our next door neighbor and fellow ward member. Now this in not some gringo, "traditional" wait-in-receiving-line-for-hours sort of reception. This was a 4 hour event. There was dancing and TONS of food, and even though I don't know hardly ANY spanish I had a great time with other ward members and cute little kids. I actually wasn't able to stay the entire time, but it was fun while it lasted.

Then on Saturday I had my pizza party with my Primary class. Which was also a lot of fun.
I hadn't planned on everyone coming, but ALL of my kids came!--plus about 6 other people (I also invited parents to stay). I had a total of 15 people in my 550sq ft apartment at one point. It was madness! But, honestly, even though I was exhausted in the end and had a new soda stain on my sofa, I still had fun! The chaos, actually, made me feel at home. Funny.

Now when Sunday arrived, I was tired and still feeling icky from my cold. However, the day did not disappoint. Testimony meeting was glorious and my Primary kids did a great job in our presentation in Sharing time. I got a lot of my ideas from Leslie (my SIL) and from the website sugardoodle.net. Afterwards, during our regular class time, we memorized and familiarized ourselves with the Articles of Faith.

I guess the moral of the story is: Shut up and do your work. Whining doesn't help.

Although, things DID get better...

But I don't think I can say that my whining got me there. Probably, prayers.
Lots and Lots of prayers.


This is the Primary singing for our Ward Christmas Party.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I want to hear all about sharing time and how it went!!
LEs.