Thursday, October 09, 2008

Good stuff...



I've been watching Lord of the Rings, lately.  

I come home from long hours of rehearsal and the first thing I do when I get home is put on Lord of the Rings while I cool down,  stretch and make dinner (last two are not done simultaneously)

As I've watched all 3 discs, I find myself so energized by the themes in the story.  I realize I'm not the first to recognize these themes, but for whatever reason, right now, I am finding myself thinking more about how these themes relate to me/us and the world today.

I guess I'll just list the themes I've found.

Themes:
By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

Be prepared physically and spiritually.

We are all Kings and Queens and are destined for greatness!

We have the ability, despite the crumbling world around us, to have hope and to press forward and choose righteousness.

Having good friends and influences in our lives can carry us through in times of trial and weariness.

We are Children of God. And in order to win the war against evil we must be of one heart, mind and purpose.

Courage is key.


And the are many more.

It might seem kind of nerdy for me to stop and ponder on these things. And the movie itself is pretty gruesome at times. But I think the themes are there, nonetheless.

I just realized, in the time I'm watching LotR I could be doing more productive things.  Although, to be fair...I am Blogging while I watch LotR.  That counts right?



3 comments:

GeoWulf said...

I'm glad you clarified that dinner making and stretching weren't simultaneous. Its a rather humorous thought to image you stretching while taking things out of the 'fridge. Stretching while stirring the boiling pasta....

Funny stuff!!

Woolfie said...

Greg leaves the most interesting/amusing comments. I love to read what he says!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I'm using Dad's gmail account. David didn't say that, I did.
--mom