Saturday, October 11, 2008

Teen Appreciation



Today I went to the Stake Annual Youth Fundraiser at the stake building on E 87th St

The fundraiser was an all day event. It started out with a Tag Sale from all the donated items from all the wards. Then there was a dinner and a roadshow, put on by the youth. I, however, was only able to attend the dinner and roadshow.
The dinner was huge! They had so much food! Especially desserts. (me: "uh oh")

Then they presented a show based on the journal writings of all the pioneers who trekked to Utah. It was all highly entertaining and well organized (the youth in this stake have AMAZING leaders. Truly. They are incredible people).

I am so grateful for the youth in our stake. I am grateful to be, in small way, a part of their life as they grow up in the church. Now, I'm only their Sunday School teacher, and I have them for about 1hour every Sunday, so realize I'm not as involved as their Young Men/Young Women leaders are, but I just feel so excited to be able to teach/discuss with them the gospel, for that short time each week.

I love seeing how they react when responsibility is given them. How, despite the world's view or their friend's point of view of what's cool, they STILL participate happily in YM/YW.

I see how well they respond when their treated like an adult. When their given trust and responsibility.

Whether they realize it or not, they are great leaders and missionaries.

I am learning a lot from their examples.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I love the Strong Bad picture up above! And yes, the youth in our Stake are amazing!ud