Sunday, April 05, 2009

Poland Continued

This is a picture of hotel they are renovating, across the street from the Opera House.  If you look closely at the picture, the balcony that you see there (slightly masked by a drop cloth) was not part of the original design. No.  This balcony was constructed specifically for Hitler when he came to make a speech in Poland.  eerie.



Below are some cool buildings of Wroclaw's city square.  The photos were taken on two different days.  We had 2 half days to go explore, the rest of our time was rehearsing.  


There were also several little gnomes around the city, just hanging out here and there.  Some where on window ledges, some hanging off lamp posts.  Not sure why.


And of course, I got a picture with Papa Elf.  For whatever reason, posing with this character wasn't as nearly as creepy as is it with some "street performers"


This a picture of the Carolyn Dorfman Dance Company in downtown Wroclaw.  Cool!
Below is a picture of a the University and one of it's lecture halls.  Pretty cool.


 A picture of the company rehearsing in the Opera House rehearsal hall.

Hey family...remember when I brought back those random kids books from Montreal? 

Look! It's Gofrette the Cat! On TV!  
Apparently he has a TV show and there are plans to bring him to the states!


3 comments:

Britt Woolf said...

Who is golfe? Or whoever he is.

Cecily said...

I totally remember the Gofritte books. That is so crazy that he has his own TV show. I think it is so cool that there are little gnome statues scattered randomly through the city, it is like a real life Where's Waldo hunt. (sort of) I am glad you took so many picture of the architecture. I love to look at the buildings in all the different places I go. Although none of the places I go are as exotic. Mostly, California and Utah.

MomWoolf said...

Joel and Anna are our exotic travelers. I didn't go anywhere until all my kids were grown.