Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I know what (I'M DOING THIS) summer.

I've been thinking about summer, lately.

Things like:
Where am I going?
What am I doing?

As well as some other unimportant details, like where can I find an A-line, knee-length, denim skirt with front pockets? I'm quite specific on what I want. Anyone know where I might at least find a pattern?

I digress...

I'm really looking forward to summer this year. Some of the time will be spent doing what others tell me to do (ie work) and some of it will be spent doing whatever I decide to do at the moment. I like this combination.

Part of my summer will be spent rehearsing, teaching and performing. June has trips to New Jersey and Detroit. Never been to Detroit.
Then later in June (date pending, could be august or so), I am going in for my final jaw surgery. Yipee! I'm kind of bored with this whole cyst thing and I'd like to get it all over with. Who knows how much my insurance is going to cover a hospital visit, but so far Heavenly Father has been blessing me with pretty fortunate situations. I mean golly, I have insurance, so cool!
But if not, I have faith it will work out in the end.

July I travel to Amherst, MA for work. Then I'm off to Mesa, AZ to see mi familia! Another Yipee! Oh man, that is going to be awesome.

August I'll be rehearsing for a show in Flushing, Queens (which hopefully will allow me to collaborate with the hubby. Nice) then, doing a summer intensive out at Keane University in NJ. Good times.

The rest of the time will be spent getting in shape (4-pack here I come! I'm a realist, not an American Gladiator). Doing Physical Therapy, yoga, class, etc. Working at the temple, learning more spanish, reading. and getting into the habit of personal study in the morning.

Sheesh. After writing it all out, I'm afraid it's going to go by too quickly. I'll just have to remember to savor every moment.



3 comments:

Allison said...

Yup. You're definitely still high on my hero list. Sounds like a great summer full of lots of amazing things.

Leslie said...

4 pack...hilarious! We can't wait to see you.

I just bought Perquackey at DI last week. Awesome. We'll have to have some great sessions of Perquackey when you come.

(sessions is the word verification)

Andrea, the little collector said...

Wow. You are going to be a busy girl. Enjoy the ride!!! We can practice Spanish together anytime. Spanish and cookies, maybe :)