Sunday, August 16, 2009

Update #497

I know I probably talk about this incessantly on my blog, but I've had this for over a year now, and it has really affected me.

Yup. I'm going to mention....the cyst. My parasitic nemesis.
Mr. OKC. (Odontogenic Keratocyst)

Actually, I just realized--all this time I've had this cyst, not once have I given it a nickname.

How about Dengtigeron!

Yes. He can transform into yellow liquid and wriggle his way into tiny areas and then expand and crush all that lies in his path! Mwahahaha!

Well, anyway, Dentigeron is finally going to be removed tomorrow morning. Whoo hoo!

I have to be up and at the hospital by 5:45am. My surgery is at 7:30am.
And over the past couple days I have, in a sense, been preparing myself for tomorrow's events.

I recognize that I will be out of it for the next week or so, so I wanted to be sure that things were in order during my recovery.

Here was my list:
Clean my apartment
Shave legs
Do laundry
Receive blessing

Some of these items seem like obvious things to do before an operation.
But, never would I expect myself feeling as though I needed to shave my legs.

However, I think I came up with a good reason.

I am going to be loopy and swollen for about a week. A week is about the time it takes to grow a decent amount of leg hair. Will I want to shave my legs then? NO! So, then after two weeks of not shaving, I be feeling better and my legs will be at a scare factor of, say, a 2 instead of a 5!

Sweet!
Anna-1 Leg hair-Nada

oh and Dentigeron-----Hasta la vista, cystie!





5 comments:

Cami said...

Ha ha! You always can make me laugh. I am sorry you have to have surgery - it sucks. Really. But it is good to get these things "taken care of." I like your reasoning with the leg hair too - very sound. Make sure you have someone tell you the funny things you say when you wake up - priceless! Good luck!

Leslie said...

Good luck today! We'll be praying for you. xo

--word verification:
expletr

Chase & Tricia said...

Oh...hopefully you can heal well.

Hey, can you e-mail me your e-mail address? We had to re-boot our computer and I don't have any of my contacts anymore. Thanks!

Emily Moffat said...

You are so darling Anna. Of course a nickname for your cyst! God bless you sweet girl!

Hope your surgery went well! I am thinking of you.

Emily Moffat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.