Sunday, September 20, 2009

Random thoughts

This nice fall weather is sure making me nostalgic for some outdoor adventures. Like long hikes, camping, or apple picking.

I also miss having a backyard. A place where you can walk outside, plop yourself on the ground and have nice clean place to read your book or have a family barbecue or dinner.

Well anyway, I went on a nice bike ride around my neighborhood parks, and although I ran into areas that were shamefully littered, there were areas that had a nice view of the Hudson and had cute little families running around playing.

Maybe I'll put up some fall decorations around the apartment. Ya know, decorative fall leaves and a little pumpkin.

I think I'm getting anxious to be in a schedule and be active and working. I feel like I'm in a bit of transitional period, right now. Perhaps I should prepare myself before the madness begins. Set goals, create good habits, etc.

We'll see.


3 comments:

Andrea, the little collector said...

That fall stuff sounds just perfect! Today I got a whiff of what smelled like apple pie and I got this overwhelming hankering to make apple pie using NY state Ida Red apples, my all time favorite!

GeoWulf said...

"nice view of the Hudson". now that's funny!

(well I guess I've never seen the Hudson so I can't really talk)

It's a good think that pilot had a nice view of the Hudson. Saved a lot of lives that day. Of course he will be fighting the environmentalists for landing a plane in the river. Gotta love it!

MomWoolf said...

Some day you will have a back yard and kids to play in it.