Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Bread machine : 1, Anna: 0

(I just realized that I often will keep score with inanimate objects in my blogs. Tin can-1, Anna-0...hmmm.)

The bread machine hates me. I keep trying to be creative and make things like applesauce bread and banana bread, but the bread machine laughs in my face and makes me look like a total dunce! Well, maybe I am. But either way, I just wanted to make some yummy bread without heating up the house. I mean, those are kind and wholesome things, right? To share delicious bread with the world in my nice cool apartment.

Part of me hopes that after about an hour (which is still the time left on the machine) I will be pleasantly surprised and my bread will turn out fine! Yet, I have ruined bread before.

Why doesn't this homemaking stuff happen instantly?

Maybe the recipe on the website was not accurate? Yeah. Yeah, sure. That's it.
What do you do if you put to much yeast in it? Nothing, I suppose. It's too late.
sigh...it's just too late.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I hope it was delicious!!

(word verification:
morte
which I think means dead...I hope your bread didn't kill you.)