Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 2: Leaving a Day Early

Believe it or not, I left a whole day early. Doctors expected 2 days in the hospital, but I got out on good behavior. Well, my body was behaving well and healing very quickly. It also helped that I had a little button I could push anytime I wanted pain meds released into my IV.
What service!

You can definitely see a difference from the day of surgery to the second day. My lower lip isn't nearly as huge. Actually it looks pretty normal.


Here is an image of the tiny little cut they had to make on the outside of my face. Just where that little X tape mark is. The surgeon was able to remove diseased bone inter orally (from the inside of my mouth), insert the Titanium joint and screw it all together (or whatever they had to do)




1 comment:

Leslie said...

You're even gorgeous right after surgery. :)