Monday, June 28, 2010

Post-Op: After the Recovery Room


This is a picture of me about 3 hours after surgery. I was told my lip was bigger just after surgery. So the swelling had already gone down, some.


Around 2pm, they brought me my special liquid diet lunch.

It consisted of:

80z of Apple Juice
6oz of Broth (chicken or beef)
40z of Lemon Ice
4 oz of JELLO!!!!

You'd be surprised how hungry you can get after surgery.


Strawberry Jello


Then after ingesting all that liquid, they wanted to be extra sure I was hydrated, so they had me...ya know....in....well...they called it a "hat". So I couldn't pass up the photo op and took a picture of my "hat" before it made permanent residence in the bathroom.


Getting up to use my hat. Mom was my super-nurse! She knew how to plug/unplug and organize all my IV's when I was mobile and made sure I didn't trip over them or cut them off.
I am so glad she knew what she was doing. I hadn't the foggiest idea what to do.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

I love your hat. You are the coolest.

Kaisa said...

Oh my goodness! You look so happy. And grandma in the picture is cute, too! I miss you so much and I am so glad the surgery went well. Have fun recovering!

Leslie said...

Nice hat.



Go mom!