Sunday, October 02, 2011

Let Us Anew


As promised, I am going to maintain my blog for as long and as often as I can.
To quote Princess Bride:

"You think it'll work?"

"Nah. It'd take a miracle."

Well, hunker down, because I'm about to attempt a few miracles.
***note to self: work on being less campy in your blog introductions**

First of all, can we just talk about this weekend? Three cheers for General Conference weekend! I'm also impressed with how quickly they are able to get the transcripts of conference up already. Remember when it took 2 weeks?
I feel like I've been so supported and inspired the last two weeks with the General Relief Society Broadcast and now General Conference itself. I sort of get that feeling of, "Yes. I can do this. I can be better. I can serve more. I can love more. I can do it!". It's sort of like hitting a restart button sometimes. Erase old goals and prioritize myself, to put the important things on top.
Now, I'm not totally naive to the idea that this won't last forever, but I'm going to keep trying. And that's what conference is about, right? Examining, reflecting, applying the atonement, and trying.

Some other topics that struck me included:

-scriptures illuminate our minds
and open the channel to commune with God
-Testimonies can carry us through hardship
-God loves us (we are never invisible to God)
-Temple Patron Fund (whoo hoo!)
-Look up to Christ
-Master manager of time
-To hope in the Lord in our trials

And so much more!

I know this church is true. I know God lives and speaks to us through both personal revelation and through his prophets and apostles. I know he loves us. And that his son, Jesus Christ, is the Savior of all mankind.



I hope you have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

MomWoolf said...

I like your campy intros.

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

First off: Princess Bride quotes = the best

And I remember when it took two weeks to put conference online! They are inspiring and you are inspiring!