Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dental update

Not sure how to title this entry.  I have a bunch of random things on my mind, right now. 
Let's start somewhere...
***

The following is a brief summary of my dental history.  I have already blogged about this topic before, so if you are tired of my rantings, feel free to ignore this blog.
***

Yesterday, I went in for my 4th oral surgery.  First one being my a biopsy for an enlarged cyst that turned out to be an OKC (Odontogenic Keratocyst).    The second one, was when they inserted the tube to drain the cyst.   Number three was to reinsert the tube, that came out.    And the fourth was an extraction on molar #31 (or 30?), which has had a root canal and was crowned.   The wanted to remove the tooth, because from the look of previous  X-rays for my OKC they found that my jaw surrounding#31 was darkened.  Dr. C told me we had to extract the tooth, remove the infection and send it out for a biopsy, to make sure it's not another OKC tissue forming.  

I have 3 more estimated surgeries to go for the removal of the tube and cyst, and then for 2 implants.  I'm famous at Columbia Dental School. :)

This last time wasn't so bad.  The doctors recommended that I be sedated for the surgery, since they were excavating the jaw as well as removing the tooth.  The last time I was sedated was for my Tube surgery, was HIGHLY emotional for me.  I felt bad for crying throughout the whole thing, but it was my first time ever having something like that done.  Plus the nurse who hooked me up to all the machines, inserted IV, and gave me the happy drug was very reassuring and very sweet.  I liked her. 

After the surgery was over and I was beginning to come to, I felt grateful for all the doctors, nurses, and assistants in the room.  I think I thanked them all individually and might've even said I love you, but that could've been my husband that I said it too.  (i hope)

Being sedated is weird.  There's nothing like trying to act normal and trying to be aware of your surroundings, but feeling helpless, foggy and sleepy (let's see what were the other dwarf's names...? Loopy, tipsy, surly, and....?)

I guess that's all I'm going to write about right now.  That's the biggest thing that's going on, I suppose.

I woke up at 5am this morning, thinking about a ton of stuff: praying, talks by General Authorities, my primary class, my family, and refried beans ( well, I have had very little to eat since yesterday, due to surgery.  I don't think I normally think about beans and cheese at 5 in the morning...at least i don't think so...)

Talking about all these surgeries makes me reflect on all of you who had helped me and prayed for me when I was undergoing my first surgery.  
I can't thank you enough times for you faith and prayers.  The Lord has truly blessed me with some good people in my life. 



4 comments:

Cecily said...

hang in there, you poor girl. I love you.

Andrea, the little collector said...

Oh Anna! That sounds not fun at all! Hope you are starting to feel more like yourself and will be in full turkey eating mode by tomorrow. If you are feeling pooped out, but hungry, just come on over. Don't worry about bringing a thing! We want you for your company, not your side dishes! :)

Sending positive thoughts your way!

Tricia said...

OH man! Hope you can recover well. Take care.

Britt Woolf said...

hey anna,
I was looking in the New Era this month and saw an article that included your name! It was a thing that started in 2001 with a miss Tricia Hale. I thought it was AMAZING how you were in a magazine. I love you!
P.S. I know that this isn't related to the post but I don't know your email.
~Britt(your favorite 14-year-old niece